I don't remember when it started. I think that I must have been pretty young. For some reason (unknown to me) my siblings and I would sometimes say, "Hurry! Act like you're asleep!" when my parents would come walking into the house.....so we would. We would flop over in the most ridiculous positions and pretend to be asleep. One of us would usually have our shoulders shaking because we were trying not to laugh. Stupid? Yeah, maybe. We still do it to whoever is walking in sometimes! We are special.
Anyway, I thought I was pretty good at it. Then I had a certain baby, I won't name names. She is the best at pretending she is asleep. I get her to "sleep", which she fights because she wants to be up so I can talk to her? I don't know. I will lay her down and 5 times out of 8 she will automatically open her eyes looking quite smug. What a little bum! Like I said.....payback's a swear. Good thing she is cute! We love her.
Anyway, I thought I was pretty good at it. Then I had a certain baby, I won't name names. She is the best at pretending she is asleep. I get her to "sleep", which she fights because she wants to be up so I can talk to her? I don't know. I will lay her down and 5 times out of 8 she will automatically open her eyes looking quite smug. What a little bum! Like I said.....payback's a swear. Good thing she is cute! We love her.




2 cool kid(s):
haha, that's so funny but not at the same time. I hate when they do that... especially when it's the middle of the night and you just want to sleep. I think them being cute is the best defense they have. :)
I always say, God makes babies so darn cute, because otherwise no one would make it to adulthood. :) They are stinkers sometimes, and it makes you grateful for all your parents did for you even more doesn't it.
Post a Comment