So I finally have a moment that things are calm and I actually feel like doing something constructive so I thought I would write about Reagan's birth. For those of you who are squeamish and don't like to hear (or read I guess) all the nitty-gritty details I will refrain from using words like cervix and placenta. (oops) Also, I am going to add in the adorable pics that Emily took of Rea Rea when she was only 4 days old! They are ridiculously cute!
My favorite person in the world came in and gave me an epidural. My nurse checked me at 12:30 and I was at an 8. Anyway blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda.......I started pushing around 3. I am pretty sure I could have started at like 1:30, but my nurse wanted to "let gravity help" for a while. I had to push for just over an hour. I was exhausted! They finally realized that Reagan was posterior and after they turned her I only had to push three more times and she was out!
I had that moment where the world stops when they put her on my chest. She was screaming and covered in goo. I won't ever forget it. Josh was so great during delivery. He was amazed by it, I thought he would be a little freaked out, but he just kept on saying how cool it was. She loves to lay on his chest and I think he likes to let her. =) She is so fun to watch and love on. I can't believe she is already 3 weeks old.
We love her soooo much!






3 cool kid(s):
Oh she is so beautiful. I love hearing about labor stories... so thanks for sharing. :) Your day sounds pretty familiar to how my day went as well. Oh so familiar that I can still feel it haha. Anyway, I would love to see Mr Joshie playing daddy.
she is so cute! Congrats!
Don't you hate delivery nurses? They're such a pain in the butt! They wait forever and then when something finally happens, they act like they've got all the time in the world to fix it.
Anyway... Congrats on Reagan! She's beautiful! You two are very blessed to have her :) Enjoy this time with her. She's going to grow up so fast.
Post a Comment