May 11, 2011

Almost there!

We are soooo close to getting to meet our little girl, it is crazy to think that the time has really come, there where times when I seriously felt like May would never come. :) I am trying to keep myself busy and distracted because these final hours might be the longest of my life! So now is a good time to update the blog!

I thought that I was going to have five showers, but it turns out it was six!


Shower #5 was a surprise work shower! We all eat lunch together so I walked into the room, not suspecting anything and it was all decorated (the decorations were beyond awesome, but you would have to work at the school to get the satisfaction out of them that we did). It was totally unexpected and I loved it. I work (well worked I guess) with some awesome people!

Shower # 6 was the Cannon shower, thrown by my Aunt Melissa and cousin, Lindsay. We had lots of yummy food, including my Aunt Ali's famous rolls ( I can't believe I am admitting it, but I ate 3). It was fun, I love how each shower had a different feel to it. The Cannon shower was just like any other gathering on that side of the fam, so fun, but to someone on the outside looking in it would look a little crazy I am sure. I love it. :) I didn't take any pictures, which makes me sad except for I officially have decided I shouldn't be involved in any pictures after week 36, I don't need to document the way I look in the last month of pregnancy. Thanks to all the wonderful women on the Cannon side for your support. I love ya lots!

So my sis Emily took my maternity pictures for me. They turned out way cute, I think. I am glad that Em is a photographer, cause there is no way I would have done maternity pics otherwise. I feel way too awkward being the only one if front of a camera, I just am NOT one of those girls.

These are the only two pics that I am going to put up on here because I am sure you have all already seen them on FB. I still can't believe there is really a little person in that belly! Thanks for taking the pics Emily, you will have a very cute subject to take pics of soon!

2 cool kid(s):

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Ah Heather I am so excited for you! To celebrate, I am going to try and have my baby at the same time as you... as long as you have her quick :) Love ya friend, good luck!

Jessica said...

I think I will also join in on the celebration Liz is planning. Best of luck Heather!