June 22, 2013

Catch up!

So I have been a serious slacker when it comes to blogging. I just haven't felt the urge...and usually when I have the drive to accomplish something these days I end up cleaning something or getting something ready for the baby. BUT I realized that if I didn't update now, I very well might skip over what we have been up to in the last few months all together. Well, if I am being honest, I AM skipping over a lot of what we have been up to and I am just gonna focus on two main things. First up, Reagan's 2nd birthday!

Reagan's birthday and Mother's day just happened to be the same day this year. It was fun to think that this little girl that we were celebrating was the reason I am a mommy. It made for a special day for me. We just love her more than I could ever try to put into words, even if I was one of those super eloquent bloggers, which I am so not. 

We were planning of taking Reagan to Kangaroo Zoo the day before her birthday to let her run wild and have the time of her life, but as luck would have it, she didn't take a good nap that day and I knew that wouldn't be a good plan if we wanted to actually have fun. So we settled for the park. On Sunday we had the Grandparents over for ice cream and cake and we opened presents. We bought her a little play kitchen that she adores and she got hopped up on sugar. Then later in the week we did go to Kangaroo Zoo and the cuteness of her jumping around nearly killed me. Crazy that she is two! That year went by WAY too fast. 


Then over Memorial Day weekend Josh's work sent everyone in his department up to Jackson Hole. I hadn't ever been there before, but now I love it! I would love to live there (during the summer at least). We drove up on Friday and by the time we got there (about 7) this pregnant lady was only up for dinner and bed.


 The next day we rode the tram in Teton Village up to the top of the mountains and had waffles in a little    shack/shop at the top of the Tetons! It was really cool. Then we went into Jackson and took in the local charm of the town. We found the time in the day to drive up the Jenny Lake in the Teton National Forrest. It was really beautiful and worth the drive! That night we went to a working cattle ranch and had some AWESOME steak along with other yummy cowboy grub. We decided to drive home the next day (QUICK trip) even though we could have stayed through Monday, but we wanted to spend the rest of the holiday weekend with Reagan, since my mom had her while we were away (Thanks a ton mom)!

A few days later Josh and I celebrated our FIVE year anniversary! I cannot believe it has already been five years. Crazy. We celebrated with flowers, Chili's to-go and last but not least, my mommy came over while Josh and I went to Leatherby's for an ice cream fix. My oh my it was yummy. 

So that is what we have been doin, along with BBQs, Father's Day, play dates, gardening, watching lots of Brave's baseball, trying to stay cool and getting ready for a little boy in the family. So now I can check updating the blog off my to-do list. Woo Hoo! 

3 cool kid(s):

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

You make me laugh Heather. I love it when you update your blog though. I miss my Heather friend and think we need to play more often. Maybe once we both have our babies, we can plan a play date for our little families.

Aubrey A said...

Thanks for the update! I've been thinking A LOT about you guys lately! It's hard to believe miss Reagan is two! I love all her hair--she's becoming such a little lady! Congrats on five years, before you know it, it'll be 10! Can't wait to see you guys!

Lacy said...

Yay for updates :) Reagan is so dang cute! Love her! Crazy how fast time has gone. Can't wait to love on the little man!!