January 8, 2013

Winter blahs

I have heard of the winter blues before. I don't think that is my problem so much, I think I have the winter blahs. I mean really, when it is 15 degrees outside for 2 weeks straight, you can't see the sun because of the NASTY air, and you feel like a giant barfing monster who can barley stay awake for 6 hours at a time it is kinda hard to be super excited about day to day things, right?  WELL I have decided that I have a serious case of the winter blahs.

Today I went to warm up my rice bag for the gazillionth time this winter and I thought to myself, man I really love this thing. That got me to thinking of other things that make me happy so I decided to make a mental list. It got me feeling much better, so I thought I would share!

My rice bag. This thing seriously saves my feet from falling off from frost bite on a daily basis.



Lip gloss from Bath and Body. I don't leave the house without it, and if I happen to forget it I feel incomplete. If you haven't ever tried it, I highly recommend it.


Kindle Fire. My favorite friend for reading in bed. I also love all the games that we have on there to keep Reagan entertained in a pinch. There is still something about holding a real book, but I love the convenience of our kindle!

Farr's Grasshopper ice cream. I couldn't find an actual picture, but man is it good. It especially hits the spot when you feel like all food is the enemy but you are so hungry you might faint (why does pregnancy hate me so bad?).

As I thought of each thing it led me to new thoughts.
- The rice bag reminded me that each night I lay down in a warm bed in a warm house, others cannot say the same.
-The lip gloss reminded me that even though I do try to make myself look presentable I have a husband and daughter that love me even when I look less than what the world expects of us.
-The kindle reminded me of the technology that has made our lives so much easier in almost every way compared to those who lived hundreds and thousands of years ago.
- And the ice cream? Well it made me think of the women who are unable to keep themselves properly fed while they are pregnant, let alone any other time.

The winter blahs are definitely upon me, and I cannot wait to feel the sun on my face and have temperatures above 30 degrees, but I am thankful for all the things I have that make the "blahs" seem a little less gloomy!

4 cool kid(s):

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Man did you hit it right on the nose or what? I mean with everything that you said. I'm so sick of feeling sick and like a bad mom because I have no energy to do anything else. You made me feel a lot better. Thanks friend!

Aubrey A said...

I hate the bitter cold too! It does seem to make the winter stretch on forever and ever! As much as we loved being down after Christmas, we were glad to come back North where it was 20 degrees warmer! :) It's good to see the bright side of all that cold stuff too, so often we forget, but it is definitely a blessing to have a home, family who loves you and good food to eat (yes ice cream is considered good food)!

. said...

Totally did not know you were preggers!!! CONGRATS!!!

CAid said...

https://viralata.finance