October 15, 2012

Before and After

So I took pictures along the way as we did things to our house, and then I let those pictures sit on my camera forever.  Now I have finally decided to post some before and after shots. I would like for you all to imagine stinky dog pee carpet smell as you look at the before pics, and yummy new carpet and paint smell in all the after pics. Ha ha, but really. (P.S it is better if you click on the pics to see them big)

 
The front room with the nasty carpet and peachy-white paint.

The front room with new carpet, grey accent wall (hard to tell in this pic, the wall with the couch), mantel turned shelf and new couch and chairs.
Still need to: get curtains....I am having a hard time finding what I want.

Another view of the front room, from the landing by the front door.

I didn't do the best job of getting the same angle in all the before and after pics. I love our secretary desk that I painted. It makes me so happy!

This is the wall when you first walk through the front door....I knew it was going to present a challenge for me, I didn't want it to be boring, but I had no clue what to do with it.

This is what I came up with....I like it overall, but it is still a work in progress.
Still need to: get vinyl for the window (which has pages from Pride and Prejudice in it) and vinyl for the green random board. I also want to replace that hideous light.
This is the hall bathroom. It is the ugliest bathroom in the history of ugly bathrooms. 

We painted (obviously) and re-did the counter tops, we also replaced the faucet.
Still need to: frame the mirror in like this, and stain the ugly cabinets dark brown.

Our equally ugly master bathroom. 

Pretty much the same story in this bathroom and the other as far as what we did and what we still need to do.

The family room. At least it had cute shelves!

We painted in here as well, but the lighting makes it hard to tell. It is a pretty taupe-ish tanish color. I must also note that since this picture was taken we bought a much bigger TV and although I hate admitting it, it looks better in the space. 

And now the kitchen. Yikes. It was a LOT of work. I forgot to take a picture before we started painting, but the kitchen was also that horrible peachy-white from the rest of the house.
In the kitchen we re-did the counter tops, painted the cabinets, added bead board and base boards, and added hardware to the cabinetry.
Still need to: get a new sink and faucet, also I would love to replace the microwave...and the stove and dishwasher. 
These were the counter tops. Yeesh. 
Here they are midway through the process. We used Rustoleum Counter-top Transformations. When this picture was taken we hadn't done the protective top coat, so they really aren't this dull, they are actually pretty shinny. 

Another view of the kitchen. (Notice the cute little bum in the play-pen).

We are so glad to have the big projects done and the house feeling like home.
In this part of the kitchen we still need to: get curtains for the door because I really don't want those vertical blinds you usually see and replace the ugly light.

We were burnt out there for awhile as far as home improvement goes, but I think we are ready to tackle the other projects that we want to accomplish....maybe.

4 cool kid(s):

Ash said...

It looks fabulous! I love your style. I have a bare wall behind my tv (that sits on a low cube stand) that I need to do something with. The frames and mirrors and the letter A on the wall in your entry way is so cute! I may use some of that as inspiration for my blank wall.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Heather, you are simply amazing! I love what you have done to your house! What a transformation!!!

Aubrey A said...

You have done SOOOO much work! Wowsers! So impressive!!! Good job!

cheyney webb said...

What a beautiful home! I am so glad I was able to come for a visit!
lots of love,
cheyney