"And now my son, Shiblon, I would that ye should remember that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day."
-Alma 38:5
This scripture has brought me comfort many times during my life. I remember the first time I really needed comfort and read it that I changed the words son, Shiblon, to daughter, Heather, and ever since then it has felt like it was written just for me.
Well....lets just say I have repeated this scripture to myself in my head a lot over the last few months.
I won't go through all my little "poor me" stories, but I will just say that having a REALLY hard baby while going through some pretty nasty baby blues and then having surgery was no walk in the park for me. I know that others probably would have handled this stuff just fine, but I couldn't. I caught just a glimpse of what it must be like for those who suffer from depression and I can't imagine going through life that way. I feel soooo much empathy and understanding for those people and I can see how it is so devastating to them sometimes.
Things have gotten so much better. Reagan is pretty much a whole new baby and now I can hear things people say about how good their babies are without wanting to say something nasty to them. Not like they can help the fact that they have a nice baby, but it was pretty much the last thing I wanted to hear sometimes!
I am so grateful for my knowledge of the gospel. I don't usually like to blog about things that are personal, but I have just felt so blessed lately and I couldn't help but share what has helped me get through a rough patch.



5 cool kid(s):
I'm sorry things have been tough lately dear friend. :( But just so you know, it's ok to be a mess sometimes. My poor husband has gone through a lot of moodiness, crying and hysteria. It's all a part of being a mom. You just can't help it. But just so you know... I am almost always around and would love to play with you, especially if it's one of those days where you are feeling stressed and blue. Please call me friend. It's amazing what a good play date can do for your attitude. I love ya.
Thank you so much for sharing this! :) It's nice to know how others cope with tough situations - it gives me strength when I find myself struggling. Reagan is just so cute - you are the cutest family! And I love that Josh always has her dressed for baseball! :) Hopefully you continue to feel better and hopefully Reagan continues to get better. Good luck!
I'm so happy for you that things are better! I sometimes think the Lord gives us trials so we can truly be empathetic towards people. How else can we know what it feels like to be so depressed and hopeless, unless we've been there ourselves? And how can we succor those people in need, if we can't feel for them? I am grateful for the strong men in our lives who are always there for us (our husbands) because heaven knows that I went through the same things you've gone through and Aaron stood right by my side the whole time and picked up the slack (just like I know Joshua did for you). Without them, it would've been a whole heaping lot worse, I'm sure! Good on ya for stickin' it through. :)
Heather, I am happy that things have picked up and are moving in a bright new path! We seriously need to get our girls together.
Heather, it was so great to read this blog. I am always asking Scott, "How does everybody do everything?" And by everything I mean, have a baby, clean their house, make crafts, cook, etc. But he is always telling me that nobody does everything, we all just try to make it look like we are. You said that you think others would have handled it just fine, but we wouldn't have. We just tend to present ourselves in a way that says that we are. Thanks for sharing your struggles, it helps us all to feel like it is okay to struggle too.
Post a Comment