So I was thinking that I should take a minute to write about the craziness that is pregnancy. For whatever reason I love hearing the weird things that people experience during their pregnancies and I figure I will forget this stuff if I don't write it somewhere. I know someday I will look back and think of this "special time" with fondness........right?
The cravings
I have pretty much wanted to eat anything and everything lately....but in the beginning I was a strict vegetarian.
Those were dark days. The smell of ANY meat made my eyes water and my stomach turn....it was sad, because I think cows are yummy.There have been a few things that I have thoroughly enjoyed eating as of late, my fondest love of all is the ROOT BEER FLOAT!
Oh how I love this beautiful treat!
The strangeness
I have had the normal weirdness that comes along with pregnancy....the crazy dreams, the crazy mood swings, the crazy thoughts, ya know, the usual. I however, did not see this one coming.......
for anyone who even pretends to know me it is clear that I am not Rachel Relief Society by any means. Craftyness does not happen to be one of my strong points. At all. BUT lately, I have spent more time at Joann's and Michael's than any sane person should do. I, for whatever reason, have decided to make the bedding for the crib, like sew it. Me. Me? I do not know this person I have become. Also, my nights have consisted of making flowers like these for the baby.
What the heck? What am I going to do next? Attempt to make some baby clothes? Heaven help me.
Disclaimer: I don't really have any clue if I am doing this crap right or not, but it is satisfying some strange need that I now have thanks to my crazy lady hormones.
The awesomeness
Pregnancy has been pretty legit lately. I love feeling her moving around like a crazy person in there. I love that Josh has been able to feel her move. I love that I now look pregnant, so people out in public give you that look. That look that is trying to say, "Ah, cute. You are fat because you are doing your part to carry the human race on, good job." Or at least that is the look I get from women. Men generally have a look more like "I am glad that my wife isn't pregnant. She is crazy when she is." I like to think that I have not been too crazy of a pregnant lady, or at least from about week 15 on I haven't been, but I am sure if you asked Josh he would look around to make sure I was out of ear shot and then tell you differently.






3 cool kid(s):
You are so funny Heather. I have always enjoyed doing crafty things but I have to admit that my talents grew immensly after becoming a mommy. I love having projects to keep me busy. You have to have something outside of taking care of children all day long. I'm glad to see you are enjoying it though. And I'm glad you are feeling a lot better as of late. :) Love ya.
Man, I wish that I got all crafty when I was pregnant, that is the coolest side effect. I went through a root beer float phase too. That's crazy.
For some reason, I am just now reading this! Fun to hear about your riot beer cravings and craft mania. If I got to see you pregnant, I would give you the "aahhhh I am jealous" look. I almost immediately got the mommy amnesia and think about how much I loved being pregnant. Crazy how you can forget about all the discomfort and having to pee 4 times each night.
I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see the bedding, hair bows but most of all that baby girl!
Love and love
Post a Comment