December 23, 2010

12/23/2010

There she is! I wasn't going to share any pictures of the ultrasound, because the idea of sharing pictures of the inside of my uterus freaks me out a little. I decided to do it anyway because I think this one is so cute. =)

To be completely honest, I was slightly disappointed when we found out we were having a girl. For whatever reason I thought that it was a boy. The disappointment only lasted about 20 seconds. I realized that while my brain wanted a boy first so that our future kids have a big brother, my heart wanted a girl!  I know it sounds stupid, but it is true. I am so excited to have a sweet little girl in our family. Girls by nature are more tender and yes, "emotional", but I see nothing wrong with that. I am sure that boys will be coming our way at some point and I will need this sweet girl to help me stay sane as they tear my house apart! I am so thankful for the differences between the two sexes. Both have such great things about them, and both have their challenges.

I feel a lot more nervous about having a girl, it feels like more responsibility. With this little girl coming our way I think that we need to in steal in her a knowledge of how special she is from the get go. She needs to understand her self-worth so that we don't have to worry so much about how people treat her, because she will know how she deserves to be treated. I see so many girls that don't understand their worth, so they don't demand respect! It scares me! I just hope that we can be good parents and help this little one understand how special she is. Okay, that ends my rant..........for today.

2 cool kid(s):

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

She is adorable already! You will absolutely love having a little girl. One aspect I loved about having a girl first is that Madison was (and still is) a wonderful big sister to Brooklyn. She has always been so caring and careful with her and protects her from others (even if she is mean to her herself sometimes). And you know, I wasn't much of a girly girl myself but I LOVE getting to dress up my little girls and do their hair (even though they don't have much still) and play dolls and dress up. Anyway, I am still so excited for you! I love ya.

cheyney webb said...

Well, of course you need to have a girl so Sam can marry her! I am so excited for y'all. Being a mom is so wonderful. And I know that you will be the best parents ever. This little girl is so lucky. We love you so! Happy New Year.