June 20, 2012

The "calm" before the storm

Since the moment we got the keys to our house we have been BUSY.  We have been cleaning. We have been painting EVERY SINGLE INCH of the house (with the help of some awesome people). We have been getting the garden started. We have been choosing carpet. We have been resurfacing the counter tops. We have been getting to know the people at Lowe's by name. In between all of this, we have been doing the normal things to stay alive like sleeping and eating and laundry. We still need to re-do the cabinets and a couple other odd jobs before we actually move next weekend. Whew! I am already exhausted and we haven't even really started the moving part,which is the biggest part. Do I sound like I am complaining? I don't mean to. Josh and I went over to the house to drop some things off tonight and as I walked around I couldn't help but feel that excited feeling in my stomach. I am SO grateful that we get to have our very own house! We have been so blessed. It is not the biggest or newest or fanciest house, but it is OURS and I couldn't be happier! I will post some before and after pics when we actually get to the after part. I can't wait for that day!

4 cool kid(s):

Jessica said...

Heather!! This is SO exciting!! Where is this new house? Can't wait to see pictures!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Oh how I hear ya on the projects department. Our life has been pretty similar lately. I feel like the projects should be coming to an end soon but so far... they just keep on coming. I can't wait to see your house. I sure hope you took before and after pictures!!!

Charlyn said...

That is super exciting to have your own house, you don't have to ask anybody before you change anything! I love those birthday pictures of Reagan, and her outfit.

Miranda said...

We are so excited for you guys to have your own pad. We'll have to come over and play all the time. I can't wait to see the finished product.